I logged into Airbnb to be greeted by the above rage inducing guff:
“Before you continue
Whether it’s your first time using Airbnb or you’re one of our original travellers, please commit to respecting and including everyone in the Airbnb community. Learn more [link to more bullshit]
I agree to treat everyone in the Airbnb community – regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age – with respect, and without judgement or bias.”
What a load of pretentious bullshit. Did you let some students union rep run the company for a day? and they had nothing of value to add but once got called a name at school, and want to stop the mental scarring of this trauma from occurring to any other snowflake?
Let’s rip this shit apart:
1) “Airbnb community” – you don’t have a community, we don’t all hang around the local post office swapping stories about gas prices or how the bin men trampled your petunias. You have a company because everyone is sick of being ripped off by hotels, and home owners are trusting and decent enough to let strangers stay in their city centre pads and potentially fuck off your neighbours by playing their drumset until 6am. Admirable and brave.
2) “treat everyone […] regardless of their […] religion […] without judgement” – here is the real problem. You are asking me to overlook someones mentally retarded choice of religion.
I define a religion as such: 1) Does various good works (usually involving fixing church roofs) 2) Will attempt to take your money in various ways (tithes, collection plates, taxes, crusades etc.) 3) Brainwashes you to believe a load of unsubstantiated nonsense (magic flood punishments, that a man in the sky can hear your prayers and ignores them for various logic defying reasons, that this dog leg bone is from a saint, that your religious book isn’t better used as toilet paper etc).
So if someone of adult age hasn’t figured out that this exploitative nonsense, you are damned right I am going to judge them a little. But I will probably stop short of killing them unless they convert to atheism.
3) This is easy, let’s do another with less ellipsis:
“treat everyone regardless of their sex or age without bias” – so no offering to help carry their heavy luggage because they are female and elderly? Wow, that’s a pretty heartless attitude Airbnb, you should probably start a religion.
4) “gender identity” – oh just fuck right off!
5) “national origin” – I am honestly more likely to trust someone visiting me from Iceland, rather than some gypsy whose entire economic model seems based around having kids you can’t look after, then having them slumped at your feet without even a book to keep them occupied, and sitting on your arse begging for money in the Athens metro. How about this for an alternate plan: Grab some gloves and a bunch of bin bags, wander around the city cleaning up, wearing a sign that says “Unemployed, but I am tidying up litter to make myself useful. Spare change appreciated”, then maybe throwing your “what’s a contraceptive?” sprogs at a school, so they can aspire to something a little better than their useless parents.
In summary, I’ll do what I think is moral, rather than agreeing to what politically correct nonsense you lot spew out. Also, no Asians.